Wednesday 23 April 2008

Still I love my school

The poem is written in remembrance of my school. It has been almost 10 years of my parting, but I still feel nostalgic thinking about the fun we used to have throughout the school life. This one is for you my lovely school…

Nothing has changed
Nothing is lost
Everything is the same
As I would have thought

Bell still rings
Chapel still sings
Teacher still shouts
Students still have doubts

Buildings with the yellow-brown stripes
Are still found
Ever scolding gardener
Is still around

There is still that physics examination
Students most fear
There is still that playground
Students find most dear

Eating food before interval
Is still an unwritten pact
“Teacher, can I come in”
Is still considered inapt

Still there is punishment
For homework not done
Still we cherish
When teacher says well-done

The sweetest of sound
Is still the last period bell
Even after ten years
My heart prays for my school doing well

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written.
Keep punching!

Ashraf said...

Thanks Vinjk