Tuesday 22 April 2008

Kangaroo on the table

Having seen Ankur’s adventure slash misadventure in my last post, I felt like sharing a misadventure of my own. Infact, I feel happy and a little stupid to share this incident with you. This is about my visit to an SPIE conference in Australia last December. As we all know that main attraction of an oversees conference is NOT THE CONFERENCE…but the word “OVERSEES” associated with it. Same applied to me.

Anyway, I was very excited about my maiden visit to Australia…Adelaide to be very precise…mostly because I wanted to see Kangaroos...LIVE... It was a 4 days event, and I wasn’t able to see a single Kangaroo for the first 3 days. On the last day we had a banquet …the most important activity of the conference….And I was about to see a Kangaroo…although I didn’t really realize it till the very last moment…Infact it was sitting (maybe lying) on my dinner table……You don’t believe me ?? Do you?

The dinner started with soup and …hold your breath… roasted KANGAROO…I didn’t eat it is another story. But it took me a while to understand that my first sight of a Kangaoroo was on my dinner table in the form of starters…However, I did manage to see a live one later.

So here is an advice to all those guys who are visiting Australia for the first time…please be ready to see a Kangaroo on your dinner table and otherwise.

And by the way the CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!!!

No comments: