Sunday 3 August 2008

My poetic inspiration (Repost)

Never, ever I saw such a splendor
That has lead me to the way of renunciation
A denial of any magic that is greater
Than the one I experienced

Never, ever I heard such a thunder
That has lead me to the way of silence
A denial of any musical that is more captivating
Than the heavenly orchestra

Never, ever I felt such an ecstasy
That has lead me to total numbness
A denial of any sensation that is classified
In terms of joy and sorrow

Never, ever I tasted such ambrosia
That has lead me to total replete
A denial of any assortment of flavor
That is superior to heavenly nectar

Never, ever I fell for a beauty
That has lead me to write these verses
A denial of any existence of rhyme
That surpasses praises of her glory

2 comments:

Mona said...

Oh, what a wonderful poetry!I love the way you describe the denials all the way through this & also the paradoxical statements of the first two lines in each para!

Wonderful, just wonderful!

"Never, ever I felt such an ecstasy
That has lead me to total numbness"

These lines reminds me of the opening lines of Keats 'Ode to a Nightingale' : 'My heart aches/ And a drowsy numbness pain my sense'

Ashraf said...

Thanks Mona...Your comments are very constructive and very encouraging :-)